darkhived tabs

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Panayam Kay Io etc.



Okay. Here goes nothing. PANAYAM KAY IO is expected (at least I expect it) to be "launched" at the BETTER LIVING FOR XEROXOGRAPHY Press Expo at Ilyongs Project 4 Cubao, Dec 3. I am not sure whether I'll be there at 7pm, or Ill just appear at, say, 9 or 10pm. So far, I think I can make it and cram things before the event proper. (See, I used photographs as--well, see for yourself how I cheated my way to "break the deadline," while there is no actual deadline. The layout though was still a pain in the neck and the eyes and *some text missing*. You may browse, of course, and not buy it if you think I flunked and I am just ripping you off or something and you think your @35php does not deserve a copy of the mentioned komiks.) A few copies of the remaining LIHIM NG MGA LESPU shall also be sold. Xeroxed copies @30php and printed ones @35php (almost quite settled to not print another set of copies). I mentioned here that I shall post the final list, but so far, there is no final list YET. The 2007 illustrated narrative ANG ENGKWENTRO SA PALMA BRIDGE NG MGA BATANG PINALAYA(S) SA SINAPUPUNAN with a new title and new cover is also expected to be sold at @25, if it shall be photocopied, as, as of now, I am not sure whether it shall be printed as well (emphasis on "expected"). I resorted to printing, by the way, because the dark areas suffer from photocopying centers. Anyway,


If some things should further go horribly wrong, PANAYAM KAY IO wouldn't be launched then. But I am sure that it shall be finished not later than the fourth Anniversary of Kartunista-Manunulat (KarMa) Kolektib at the 10th of December 2010--the international human rights day.



The artwork "I want you so bad I've driven you mad," shall be installed at the Ishmael Bernal Gallery, UP Diliman on December 1. I received this FACT SHEET 5 poster by email and it confirmed that the Actual exhibit opening commences at 3pm and the event ends at 5pm. Details of the 3 December 3 events, including the RIGHTS v. 3 public screening [FB Event here] can be found in this previous entry here.





***
Beyond this point are quick musings.
***





At this point, I think I wouldn't be doing any komiks or any visual-arts related things anymore. Not that I've achieved anything in the komiks scene--as PANAYAM KAY IO shall actually be my first komiks. I consider all the others as either illustrated narrative or mere komiks pages such as KarMa works (this site needs an update). It just doesn't work. Or, maybe, I can talk with komiks artists for collaborative work and make thumbnail layouts or illustrations if needed. Or draw for myself and for my eyes alone. I might continue quasi-literary endeavors to preserve my sanity. By the way, I am Elbi-bound in a while. How I hate Elbi now. I have to have warnings before these tendencies to disclose. This carcosite is, still, for personal use after all. And I hope nobody minds since this is "my" public space. Thank you and please do come to the events mentioned. I am also thinking of not committing to such anymore. Just thinking. Well, you don't have to read this but I want to thank you for reaching. this. point.

No comments:

Post a Comment