darkhived tabs

Friday, September 24, 2010

Calliope: Again, I Plead



I have been in isolation for almost five days. I have deprived myself of social networking sites, and other pleasures. I have (re)read at least five works of fiction (Vonnegut, Atwood, Wong, Mieville, Calvino), excluding at least four comic books (Gaiman, Ellis, Morrisson, Ligotti) and at least two nonfictions (Susskind, Lynch). I even tried listing fifteen things. I wrote what I dreamt about. I also tried writing prompts. And clustering. I read and researched about my preferred topic. And all I have is a concept. An idea. For one draft. I had another idea to turn into a draft, way back then. I needed three. So, I just need another idea. And three rough drafts. Blabbering did not help. Back inside my head and Microsoft Word. Or Not. Back to comics, perhaps. Or drawing. Or layout. Or anything. Later, UPLB would walkout against the P1.39 billion UP Education Budget Cut. And, here I am, procrastinating, just like the old days when I was a student, who walks out of class to protest against campus repression, and such. This would later be fed to fb, though. Since I have neither been interacting through likes or comments nor tagging contacts, I think I would not receive unsolicited comments. And as I indicated on the "labels" or "tags" here in blogspot, this is indeed just a senseless, irresponsible, worthless rant.

Oh, and I am thinking of selling another book. Anne Rice's Tale of the Body Thief, for 150php. Bought that book eons ago for, I think, 175php. I am also thinking of selling Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale for 180php. This is the link to the original quasi-bookseller entry. After re-reading "Brief Lives," the Sixth Volume of the Sandman series, I further thought that I just could not sell any of them. For now.

1 comment: