darkhived tabs

Saturday, October 23, 2010

LAKBAYAN 2010

This would be short. Though we did our own Lakbayan march on our own and we arrived just after the burning of the Haciendero Republic effigy, this peasant activity is something I would remember. Way back then, I was one of those who documented the March (I need to find those videos. THAT dramatic march against the rising morning sun! Sigh.). And how I wish to have done the same--every Lakbayan--had my primary contradictions been resolved. Anyway, this time, despite almost being seemingly a mere spectator to the strength of the movement and listener to the mind-opening speeches of mass leaders, I can say that this day shattered, again, all my constructed beliefs /theories about art, and the like. What those realizations are, I cannot relay and discuss in detail at the moment. All I can say is the "scene" outside the academe is not what I thought it was--as told/warned by our mentors in educational discussions. Well, I would like to end this short entry with two of Ka Daning's quotable quotes, as I have heard (Or what the 'essence' of the quote is.) "Nagkamali tayo nang rinig, pero ngayon, malinaw na ang sinabi ni Pnoy: Kano ang boss ko!" and "Ang kamote, pag tinatalbos, dumarami sa ilalim."

No comments:

Post a Comment