darkhived tabs

Monday, October 25, 2010

NU107, No More?




After reading this shared FB link, I felt pissed. More pissed, of course, than I was back then when I stopped listening to NU107.5, the home of nu rock, after being unlucky enough to hear a lot of 6cyclemind, and the like, that they aired (You know what I mean, I assume. And, Tanduay + 6cyclemind et al is another issue, as told by Cabring Cabrera of Datu's Tribe--another screwed up reality in the music industry. Actually, in the art industry, as shown by Banksy!). The decision to shut the only radio station--which served as a venue to a variety of rock and even metal genres--down is just.. so wrong. Especially in this case, where it appears that the reason is "financial" and "commercial." I only had my taste of FM metal during those friday nights eons ago... Metal Madness, I believe, that was Metal Madness, right? Googled and found a thread that predicted the downfall of NU. Nostalgia is all there is now, it seems. I did not like the latest NU107, but I did not want it gone. Sigh. Hello, another novelty radio station in the making. Goodbye, FM radio. Go, torrent! And WDRS! HAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment